Monday, January 9, 2012

Great Customer Service



Great Customer Service


In this post I am going to talk about why great customer service is important for a business and will provide a personal example. “Customer relationship management is perhaps the most important concept of modern marketing. “ (Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation, 10th Edition). This statement is simple yet it also is over looked by many companies and stays true as things grow and more and more ways of advertising are created. A few months ago my cell phone provider charged my bank account twice caused by an error in their auto-pay system. The first few calls yielded nothing but headaches and it took sometime to get them to admit the error. Eventually I spoke with a rep that was awesome not only did they get the error corrected they sent me a new upgraded iPhone for free. I could have easily and went to a competitor and gotten the same product but that service helped establish a relationship and loyal between the company and myself. That gesture was what turned me away from a soon-to-be disgruntled former customer to someone that recommends them to others, this result is plainly laid out in the book, “Good customer relationship management creates customer delight. In turn, delighted customers remain loyal and talk favorably to others about the company and its products.” (Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation, 10th Edition).

No comments:

Post a Comment